Wednesday 8 December 2010

APLE STUDENTS COMPUTER ROOM LESSON DECEMBER 13TH & 17TH

Welcome back to the computer room after a couple of weeks. These are our activities for today. I hope you like them.
20 minutes. First, we are going to watch the new on CNN student news. This is a good site where you can watch the news for every day. It is a video, usually about 5 minutes long, so excellent listening practice.
Here is the video for December 6th:



Now it is time to send me an email with a summary of one of the pieces of news you have watched on the video. If the video has buffer problems, pause it and go on with the next activity.


Option 2 (in case you can't see the video).
Have you heard about the university students' strike in London? Read and listen about it here.



20 minutes (Only Joann's group):


It's time to practise listening for specific information and dictation. Each one of you is going to visit this site, choose the story that matches their number in the class, listen to the story (you can read it at the same time if you need to) and then do the dictation activity you can see at the bottom of the text.



10 minutes:
Do you like travelling? Are you good at Geography? How well do you know the world? Let's find out with this activity. When you finish, write your score as a comment to the activity.

Traveler IQ


The Traveler IQ challenge ranks geographic knowledge of cities such as: Budapest, Montgomery or Palm/Eagle Beach by comparing results against 6,292,837 other travelers. Brought to you by TravelPod, a TripAdvisor Media Network member

7 comments:

  1. Hi Javier, I am Sara Aguirre
    I have done my homework I couldnt do in class because the Internet didnt work
    Here, you have my scores:
    -Vocabulary activity: 1000 out of 1000
    -Geography activity: i am on the seven level
    -CNN Student News: the first up was about unemployment report and how it went up (9,6%); It is a bad new because it is why most of the society havent got a job, we hope and expect it changes in a few months

    BYE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Javier! I'm María San Juan. I have done the homework and here are my scores:
    -Vocabulary: 800
    -Geography:level seven
    And I have sent you an email, because I thought that we had to do that.
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi javier. I´am Irene García.
    i have done the activities now becouse my computer in class didn´t work.
    these are my results:
    - vocabulary activity: 900 out of 1000
    - geography activity: i am one fith level
    - CNN Studen News: Nowadays, it is obvious that our society depends too mucho on technology. A school in Washington, during one week, is going to be completely unplugged. By this, they mean that they are not going to use neither mobiles, computers, facebook or twitter. Its part of a social experiment which is realized by students, teachers and staff. The teacher who carried out the idea said this was because people were losing the face to face contact. It is also said that they are going to put spies to control they are doing correctly their task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, Javier!
    I'm Ricardo.

    Obama did a surprise travel to Afghanistan to visit U.S.A. troops in that country, and he wanted to meet with Afghanistan president, Hamid Karzai, but he hadn’t enough time. Wikileaks’s leaks about the U.S.A. government are doing a lot of damage to Obama administration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Javier.
    I'm Ricado another time, sorry.
    I forgot tell my others two activities puntuation.

    -Vocabulary: 100%
    -Geography: 8 level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Javier,
    I`m Alvaro Garcia.

    I have done the activities that yo said we had to do in class, buy my computer didn`t work these day, so i had to do it at home.

    These were my results:
    - vocabulary activity: 1000 out of 1000
    - geography activity: level 8
    - CNN Student News: Now our society depends a bit on the technology. A school of Washington for some days, it is going to be completely unplugged. Then, the reports of unemployment have risen and i think that it is bad because the people don`t have a job. I hope that it changes.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Javier, i'm Saskia Pregel
    i have done 700 out of 1000 in the vocabulary activity. In the geography activity i have arrived to the level seven.
    Bye!

    PD: i will send you to the e-mail the first activity

    ReplyDelete