Saturday 16 January 2010

APLE LESSON OUTLINE JANUARY 21st

Hi, students,
These are your tasks for this week.
10 minutes: watch episode 11 and 12 of The Flatmates: and do the language point and the quiz (in theory you have already done the previous ones).
25 minutes: watch at least twice this video from Stephanie Meyers, the famous authoress of the Twilight Series. Take notes of all the information she gives on a piece of paper. Your homework for the weekend will be to answer orally some questions about the video on a voicethread, but this time only with your notes, not being able to watch the video again. The voicethread with the questions will be ready on Friday evening and the deadline for your task is Thursday 28th.

15 minutes: Practise short listenings here and do the activities. For each minute listening, there is a different one.

Fill in the blanks:
I ____________ how many accidents I’ve had in my life. I’ve had a few serious ones where I’ve ended up in ____________ . Traffic accidents are the worst. They’re always painful. I ____________ had too many work-related accidents. I suppose that’s because I do ____________ work and that’s not so dangerous. Most of my accidents are those around the house. I’ve lost count of the ____________ of times I’ve hit my thumb with a hammer. I’m also really good at standing up and ____________ my head on something. I’m not as bad as my friend ____________ . He’s a real accident looking for somewhere to happen. Almost every time we meet, he has some story to tell about his ____________ accident. He’s ____________ unbelievable. I think I’d be very ____________ if I were his mother.
Correct the spelling:
Being an actor must be treag. I really wish I could act. I’d love to have the confidence to act in tnfor of people. Being a member of the audience at the theatre is great, but acting on tsage is better. I wonder what it’s like to be a movie actor. I think you need to be beautiful or anshomed to be a successful Hollywood or Bollywood actor. They all look great. Actors are very cuylk. They get paid huge mtauosn of money to do what they love doing. My favourite actors are all dead now. I lrlaye like the actors in the old lkbac and white movies. They all looked so cool. Actors in the old days seedme to be more masogluro than today’s actors. The best thing about being an actor is that all of your friends are famous too.

advertising
Unjumble the words:
What is advertising? Is truth is it the or it telling making things look better than they really are? Or is it lying? Companies pay lot money adverts a of for. Some of the ads you see in glossy magazines look like art. The commercials movies mini like look TV on. Do they really change our behaviour? Do adverts make you buy things? I think advertising a of some is form lying. Is BMW really “The ultimate driving machine” their in say they like ads? British Airways used to say they were “The world’s favourite airline,” stop to had but it saying because it wasn’t true. Personally, get of ads I tired watching on television. They always interrupt a good programme. I like ads in magazines. usually They’re interesting quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment